CIOs must adapt their organisations, processes and technical infrastructure to rapidly respond and adapt to an accelerated pace of technological change in IT. New technologies such as Cloud Computing, Social Media and Mobile Computing present CIOs with new challenges and operating models. How to introduce innovation into the enterprise while maintaining operational excellence is a key issue for today’s CIO.
Master Plan for Innovation through IT
Innovation as a lever of performance
IT innovation requires being ahead of the curve on trends and the ability to devote time and money to study and test new technologies and offers while anticipating the potential risks.
We assist our clients in helping them gain financing for innovation projects and, once this occurs, with the implementation of a sustainable process—an Innovation Master Plan—for their innovation management. Collaboration includes the IT department and business and relies on four stages of methodology:
- understand and map the technological landscape both present and future
- define the business potential realised with new technologies (new business models, competitive advantages, cost reduction), the cost of a lost opportunity for the identified innovation, and risks related to technological discontinuity.
- identify milestones for technology maturity (short, medium and long-term)
- formalise an Innovation Master Plan working with a modest sample group of new technology experimentation projects
Promote agility and responsiveness
We assist IT departments with their transformation into an agile organisation by optimizing solutions to meet businesses requirements with vigilant regard for their IT budgets. Our approach offers flexibility to leverage several tools to be activated independently or in combination with each other:
- Implementation of a catalogue of services adapted to different level of business needs: light solutions, SaaS, “one week to go” / “one month to go” offers
- Roll-out of agile processes and methodologies: SCRUM, “test-driven” approach, XP, RAD
- The implementation of cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), providing new technological and applicative solutions to be implemented quickly (no investment required) and adaptable to the evolution of business needs.
We help our clients with successful implementation of these levers. Several initiatives can allow it:
- Implementation of a more flexible organisation with teams dedicated to agile bricks of IT and adapted staffing practices
- Definition of simplified governance for these agile bricks allowing an accelerated resolution process, timely launching of projects and the ability to reprioritise the portfolio of agile projects
- Improved responsiveness and interaction with the business using reactive means of communication (social networks) to accelerate the identification of needs, and importantly, time-to-market for the development and launch of products and services