Kurt Salmon is a management and strategy consulting firm that has created a center of expertise entirely dedicated to operational tax focused on private banks in Europe and, more specifically, in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
Without being tax advisers or software providers, these experts, who have substantial experience in operational tax, connect the business, operation, tax and the IT departments of the Bank.
Their experience and expertise covers:
- The strategic development of the Bank’s tax services for their clients, the specific pricing to implement, the business cases to achieve
- Assistance in the management of the operational tax model (Software Provider versus Business Process Outsourcing, milestones to build a Tax hub, etc….)
- The functional aspects and the assistance to the business, operational and technical departments (specification of tax rules and refund, mapping of the data during the implementation of interface, package selection, etc...)
- Extensive experience acquired during similar tax related projects (e.g. QI, EU Savings Tax Directive, Rubik, FATCA, calculation and reporting for different tax regimes);
- A catalogue of credentials in the assistance of tax calculation and reporting assessment and projects implementation;
- A project team which combines strong expertise in both tax and banking advisory;
- A collaborative working method between our respective project team members and your team.
- Support to the tax management using a dedicated tool:
- RUBIK (IWT) one-off payment and future earnings
- French tax: withholding tax 2778 et 2778-DIV, supporting documents to fill out form 2047
- Spanish tax – form 720
- Extension of the Savings Taxation Directive (automatic exchange of information)
- Data reconciliation