Developing a multi-channel offering to capitalise on the growth in online and mobile retailing continues to be a key priority for senior executives. Retailers have recognised that the way in which new multi-channel activities are integrated with more traditional in-store operations can be the difference between success and failure.
This integration must be carefully planned and designed so that the additional processes and activities can be managed effectively, including:
- Assortment Planning: selecting the appropriate ranges for in-store and online
- Distribution and Stock Management: deciding whether each channel should have a separate network, or whether they can be integrated.
- Cross selling: implementing ‘Click & Collect’ and other initiatives to exploit the store network
- Marketing: co-ordinating promotional activity, pricing and branding across multiple channels
- Managing returns: establishing an efficient and customer-friendly process
- Pricing: setting appropriate and profitable delivery options and prices
- Customer insight: having a view of customer activity across all channels
6 July 2015