Nearly a decade ago, omnichannel emerged as an alternate fulfillment model. Today, however, omnichannel has come to encompass every aspect of consumer engagement and involve nearly every aspect of retailers’ and brands’ operations, so much so that Kurt Salmon believes omnichannel strategy is the new retailer and brand strategy.
Omnichannel and Engagement Strategy
Kurt Salmon helps build advantaged retail and brand businesses—and in today’s world, competitive advantage can be gained only by providing customers an omnichannel experience. The following articles, papers and video discuss Kurt Salmon’s perspective on omnichannel strategy.
- Omnichannel = Engagement: Kurt Salmon’s presentation at Texas A&M’s 2014 Retailing Summit
- Why Omnichannel Is Another Word for Engage
- Marketing Executives Are Catalysts for Driving Value Through Omnichannel Strategy
- 2020 Vision: A Look into the Future of Retail
- 2014 CMO/Customer Experience Think Tank: Omnichannel Engagement
- The Core of Omnichannel Retailing: Five Commerce Technologies Every Innovative Retail Chain Needs
Retailers and brands all agree that omnichannel cannot be ignored. It’s the new global mandate. But most still struggle with enabling a truly omnichannel experience. The following insights highlight how retailers can operationalize their omnichannel strategies.
- Don’t Call It Omnichannel: How to Operationalize a Seamless Customer Experience
- Operationalizing Omnichannel: Lessons and Insights from Industry Leaders (NRF 2015)
- Why Operationalizing Omnichannel Requires a Seat at the C-Suite Table
- Infinite Touchpoints, One Organization: Moving Toward an Omnichannel Merchandising and Planning Organization
- How to Overcome the Challenges of Omnichannel Supply Chain Implementation
- 2015 Omnichannel Fulfillment: A Kurt Salmon Special Report: Retailers Make Changes to Make the Grade
- 2014 Peak-Season Shipping: A Kurt Salmon Special Report: Omnichannel as Both Challenge and Solution
1:1 Retailing takes the personalized shopping experience found online and brings it into the physical store, thus creating a truly omnichannel experience. Learn more about Kurt Salmon’s thinking here.